Jake & I DVR this show weekly so I guess you could say we are fans (although Kate's anal retentive, rigid personality drives us nuts). Anyway, I came across this blog called Gosslins Without Pity. The authors feel that the kids are being exploited by working on a reality television show, not having a normal childhood and being pimped out for free trips, new clothes, and other fun stuff. Where the family was once struggling financially (using food shelves, heating assistance and other government aid), they are now wealthy because of the show, recently buying a $1.3 million dollar home. The authors don't think there is anything wrong with them being successful but rather have an issue that the free stuff continues to roll in as some people are not aware of how lucrative your own show & books can be (or maybe they are and just want the free publicity?). Some of the posters are pretty mean but it is an interesting in perspective.
BTB, I don't really care about how much money they do or don't have but get irked by the attitudes. Did you see the ep with the new house when Kate went bonkers telling the kids they may never set foot in her new bedroom ever again without "severe punishment"? Sad.
9 comments:
I really loved their house! :0) I might be bonkers if I never got a moment of peace. I think it is always very loud in their house! Although. . . I would probably be the mom with a custom made bed so they could all fit in it with me and dada! :0) People always have to rip on other people when they are successful I guess. They did need more space--geez--where the heck is the camera crew supposed to stand when the kids get really big?. . .what about the Duggar family. . . did you see their huge house? They will all be just fine!
And you would buy it on eBay!
None of us can ever judge Jon and Kate until we have 8 kids running around. She may be annoying at times but I would probably be the same way if I had 8 kids! I did think it was strange when they said the kids could never step foot in their room though.
I would love to have a house like that. . . but I'm such a home body I would probably never get out. . . plus--can you imagine cleaning all that space? Oh the view from the kitchen! I really believe that Jon and Kate do not let a day go by without counting their blessings. You know every decision that is made in that family is well thought out. And I agree with Melissa Ho--8 kids running around--6 of them all the same age--that is different that the Duggar family. I'm not saying 18 is any easier--haha!. . . but they do have a lot of help from the older kids. I admire all those families for their uniqueness and love for each other. I have my crazy days with just two--but that doesn't stop me from wanting more! :0)
True... demanding & very stressful (no clomid for me) but what happened to being kind and respectful? I think that is what is so hard to take. That and the hair.
I agree with the hair. . . still trying to figure it out--hmmmmmmmm. . . .
I also would choose not to yell at my kids like that. I can't say that I am perfect and I try to be respectful--but I certainly wouldn't want to be like that on TV! :0) I think sometimes we just don't know how we are being until we are filmed and watch it. . .
Who are Jon and Kate and what does Plus 8 mean?
I started watching this show a couple months before Nova was born. I figured if they could handle eight, then Jill and I can handle one.
Post a Comment