January 02, 2009

Almost over?

My 12 day vacation is almost over. And by vacation I mean a few days spent with relatives, noisy toys that overstimulate the senses, road trips, getting up at 6:30 a.m., fixing three meals a day, cleaning, laundry, and chasing T Mc.B around the house. Not exactly a vacation at home like the days of yore but rather quality time together. I love it. My mom, who now has a Facebook page, has been here all week too so she enjoys my complaints and loves to say "I did it with two". Helpful.


Last night Tracy & Jill made my Great Grandma Dorothy's signature spaghetti (she was Irish, BTB) and talked about our plans for family diet over carbs. We are all supposed to lose 5% of our body weight by the end of Jan. Screw lifestyle changes, we want quick results and then it to all end. So, I did three workouts on the Exercise on Demand channel today. I think I am winning.

Today we went to the Como Zoo & Conservatory. The Conservatory plant part was a bit dull but the primates were worth the trip. Norelle has been a great girl and her top tooth seems to have receded for the moment and so has the pain. She is getting really smart: she "reads" herself books, makes soup but putting the ingredients in a pot and stirring (I taught her this one) and copied us by grabbing a tortilla chip, dipping it in the guacamole and eating it. Hello!

Now some sad news. My Uncle Jim Palbicki (husband of Doris of the waffle cookies, my former boss at the Zesto) had very serious stroke yesterday and appears to have paralysis on his entire left side.Please keep him in your prayers as he recovers. Also, my friend Angie (Lofthus) Chapman's sister Lisa passed away from a brain tumor. She was kind, gorgeous and only 29. Very tragic.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like some fun times...
But so sad about Lisa... Im reading her Caring Bridge site right now. Very very sad.

Heather of the EO said...

I'm sorry about the sad things. Really hard stuff. Prayers to you and the families of your loved ones.

Anonymous said...

The holdiays are very different now with a baby. wow! I was super tired after all our family gatherings. But it was so great to have Josiah too. :)

Happy new Year