January 24, 2009

Adoption message boards

There are a couple of adoption message boards that I follow and just recently a horrible tragedy occurred. A family was set to adopt a baby boy but at the last minute the birth family changed their minds and did not place him for adoption. Here is the post:

unimaginable tragedy

I cannot believe this happened so I wanted to tell you, my friends here on a.com. The baby we were going to adopt was murdered at 5 weeks old by his stepfather! here's the link Man Charged With Murder In Infant's Death - Jacksonville- msnbc.com . I wish I had done something, anything, to protect him when she said she was going to parent. Say a little prayer for all of us please.

This is not to imply that any mother who chooses to parent is unfit or has an unsafe home, NOT true! But it is a reminder that there are many children who need safe homes and partially why we choose adoption in the first place.

3 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

That is just so awful. No words.

Angie Mac said...

No words from me, either. I hope that this woman's other children are at least given a better life as a result of this.

jodilee0123 said...

This is one of the most heart breaking things! I know it is not the prospective adoptive family's fault--AT ALL--but you know they are going to hold responsibility for it in their hearts forever. I feel just so sick thinking about it. My prayers are with their family and the child that is now with God.