January 04, 2010

ideas...

I finally gave my dog a bath, one of my only accomplishments over break. I polished by black MBT's dress shoes/snow boots. Yes, they serve as both. You know how all cartoon characters' shoes look like boats? That's them.

I also watched some great shows, like Dexter, Keeping Up with the Kardashians (I need them do my make-up, I wear far too little comparatively), Teen Mom, and Pregnant and Homeless about a couple living in the woods awaiting their second baby. It gave me some new ideas about outreach for an adoption. Just kidding, that baby might have poison ivy!

Yesterday we were chatting with a new friend from church, we'll call him Joel (that's his name actually) and he was telling us that his wife, we'll call her Rachael (her real name as well) had a rough night and could not make it that morning. I pried, asking "Oh, is she sick?" and he said, half under his breathe, "No, it's just that time of the month". Then Jake, who obviously did not hear this very well, chimed in with " Oh, I know! We all have those days!!". OMG!

Curiously, Joel then invited my menstruating husband and I over for dinner later this month... which has me on a new mission : never cook again. Continue meeting new people, most likely from Bloom where the friendliness is OFF THE CHARTS (friendliness is very unnatural for me, I only like people I already know), to receive home cooked meals. Violate the #1 social norm, reciprocity, and never ever invite them over, simply ditch them in favor of new people who offer to feed us. This plan is flawless!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I heart Jake and his menstration.
I'm glad you have found a church that you like and friends you can mooch off of.

jodilee0123 said...

I'm hooked on teen mom's myself. I got hooked when they were pregnant and 16. What's this pregnant and homeless show and where can I find it? :0)

...sensible of shoe said...

I find it On Demand and it's "Pregant & Homeless" or "Pregnant & Addicted" or "Pregnant & Obese" or "Pregnant trapeeze artist in the Circus". Pregnant and any major life issue will do. Google it!

Melissa Ho said...

oh poor Jake. I'm glad you have found a great church and some new friends. You can mooch off your old friends too!

...sensible of shoe said...

Melro, I'll not only mooch off you but actually invite you over.