January 06, 2010

pipe burst!

UPDATE: You told me so!

Despite application of space heater, a valve in the dishwasher froze and burst, allowing many, many, many gallons of water to flood our kitchen and saturate through into the basement causing a small deluge. Plumber called in some restoration pros who currently have fans, filters, and other odd devices trying to suck the moisture out of the floor boards. We may very well need new hardwood floors and yes, a new dishwasher. Insurance guy is coming out today. Ironically, just yesterday we signed on with a contractor to finish the basement to address these issues. Bring your swimsuit, we are going to run through the drips!


ORGINAL POST:
It finally happen! My cold heart froze the pipes solid. Awaiting plumber and his crack...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! Guys, I am sooo sorry. I hope the plumber can help and if it wasn't so late I would call and at least listen to your woes... Well, hang in there...maybe it's a good thing-finally you have no choice but to insulate and get the basement fixed up after all. Hopefully it won't be too costly. I love you all.
Mom

Sabrina said...

UGH! No fun! Puke! SOrry!
But you are so cute in your video... :)

Melissa Ho said...

that really sucks! If you need a dry place to take refuge my door is always open.