January 09, 2010

Two is better than one!

I made this! Same cake plate I had my cakes on when I was little...

A very cute, sweet, kind little girl is soon-to-be TWO so the celebrations have begun!

Nature and Nurture pizza party

Our birth family came to town today for our winter visit, just in time to wish Nori a happy birthday. We caught up at our house over the hum of dehumidifiers (no wonder my lips are so chapped) then headed to the Italian Pie Shoppe for pizza & cake, followed by fun the Children's Museum. We met Tasha's fiance and reminded him how lucky he is. We reminisced about the days leading up to Norelle's birth and talked about our adoption and what it means to us. Our relationship may sound weird from the outside, but it is healing and bonding at the same time. Besides, I tend to shy away from normal.

giving the dino a snack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where, oh where, did Jake get all that hair? Oh where, oh where can it be??? With his hair cut short, and his beard so long, oh where, oh where can it be?????? Love Mom

bluecollardaughter said...

OMG Nori's TWO?! I must have been in the basement doing the laundry longer than I thought...
Also: OMG we were at the CM the same day hanging with the same 'saurs (and our children)! I thought I saw some granny shoes on the other side of a Cretaceous partition, but there were a lot of seniors there and I never suspected!

Sabrina said...

Happy early birthday Nori!!!