January 28, 2010

Like you care

They cut out our floor so we have a faux floor, complete with poke-y staples in our kitchen until the end of Feb. They Ziploc'ed off the door so we get to go through plastic to enter the kitchen from the dining room which is kinda neat, very Dexter. Pictures to come. Sick of coming home from work to meet with floor guys, estimators, insurance guys, and dopey appraisers.

Jake has Lasik tomorrow (I told him ask for extra Valium and Xanax). Nori and I are taking him so I am preparing for a long morning in the waiting room and hopefully an even longer family nap that afternoon. We will miss his sport goggles.

Norelle is now officially a WILD CHILD!! Some people might say she is in her "terrible two's" but that is so negative, she is just wildly developing her independence and opinions. I am missing all the mellow lap cuddle time we used to have as she would rather dig through drawers to find dangerous items, pull out my make-up, and take out her whole zoo animal by animal to scatter across the house. At mealtimes she will now push her plate away and say, "No like it...want sumpin' else!" (which BTB, she does NOT get). Oh child!

Finally, is it too early to start packing for Mexico? I mean, it's not like we are wearing our shorts and swimsuits right now anyway. It's not? Okay, then I am doing that this weekend! Everyday, when I am marching across campus in the bitter wind, I think to myself "hot sun...tropical breeze... guacamole... aqua waters...sand in my crack" to get me through. I can NOT wait! I only wish we were going for 10 days or 2 weeks or until May!

4 comments:

Team Deitering said...

Happy Almost Birthday Megan! Good luck with the surgery Jake! Woo Hoo Nori!

Anonymous said...

I care! Will be thinking of Jake and hoping he gets his share of valium...PLUS. I miss you guys!

Love,
Anonymous Aunt Jill

Anonymous said...

Your wild child is no different than my wild child was, except I gave in...anything for peace and quiet. Sorry, but I don't think you were damaged in any way... except you can't sing as well.

My love to all of you for what you all face tomorrow...well, actually, Jake can escape the whole day if he wants to... love, Mom

jodilee0123 said...

Oh Megan. . .you poor thing! At least your house isn't toxic with sickness like mine. I really need to get our LSS photo album done--not lay around sculpting my abs and hurting my neck with my horrendous cough. I can relate to the whole construction thing, though. Hang in there. Hopefully it will all be done before you go on vacation! :0) Hope Jake recovers quickly! Nori and Jada must have been having some conversations on what to do around the house! :0)