August 11, 2008

Jimmy John's: the new singles bar

So after driving my wonderful, loyal husband Jake around town over the lunch hour, we stopped at Jimmy John's to refuel. I waited for him at the table with our subs while he ran to the restroom. He came back out, trying now to not to smile but obvioulsy he was. I asked him what was going on and he said that while he was waiting for the Men's Room to open up, a lady walked by and went into the Women' s Room and then peeked her head back out at him and said "I'm sorry I did a double take because I think you are cute...are you married?"

He claims he told her "yes" and she apologized and that was that.

Had I not had my mouth full of delicious turkey sub, I might have had a few words with her. But then again, I could tell that she also appreciates the cute nerd type of guy. Jake was really embarrassed but just in case he was interested, I encouraged him to "go for it... it's not too late" I said.

We kept waiting for her to come out so I could see this chick but she was in there for a long time. I should have said "Wow, wonder what's taking so long? You should go in there and see. Maybe she has severe intestinal issues...could be a nasty parasite. Plug your nose" but I didn't.

She finally came out and was a normal, mid-30s African American woman in horizontal stripes with big hair. Ah, stiff competition... we know Jake likes big-haired gals. As she left, we saw she drove a huge white SUV, "probably for all her kids" I told him.

What is going on? First the foot guy and now this? Is he giving off some kind of pheromone that is getting stronger with age? What am I going to do?

3 comments:

Melissa Ho said...

good thing you snagged him when you did!

Sabrina said...

That was me.

Sarah said...

ha! this is funny!
i've been telling the foot/sock sniffing story to everyone! sorry jake... it's produced lots of laughs though in both germany and the u.s.a. :)