August 15, 2008

Confession


I have a baby blanket. Actually, his name is Blankie and he's male. I have slept with him every night of my life but don't get the wrong idea people, we are just BFFs. He does not travel with me ever since he lost his passport (and due to old age). As you can see, he is ripped and the stuffing is clumped together in strands but he's beautiful in my eyes. He is especially nice in the summer when it's too hot for a real blanket and you just need something to cover your arms. Jake likes him too, he often to uses him but of course I freak out and reclaim him ASAP. Prior to today he had not been washed for three and half years because of his fragile state but he accidently got mixed in with the sheets and somehow survived the washing machine.

p.s. I also have a bear but that's a story for another day.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh i cant stand it. I have a blankie too! I guess i will have to take a pic and blog it. Although how long did you hide it from jake before introducing the two for the first time? I find that is a huge dilema in my dating life. Like the moment when you tell your date, yeah i have 3 kids, or yep, i still sleep with a ratty old blankie. Im guessing that has something to do with the fact that I am still be single?

K and/or K said...

no blankie story, but a random question: do you ever think people are saying "megan seltz" when they say "michael phelps?" just wondering... i do sometimes.

...sensible of shoe said...

We do have quite a bit in common, so yeah