I mean I have cheered but it was awkward and regrettable. I did not grow up playing or watching sports and honestly I don't even know the rules to basketball or tennis. I was raised by a single mom and the only ball we played catch with was made of malted milk.
The thing I hate the most is when parents cheer at childrens' sporting games. It makes me want to cringe and cry at the same time! It seems like so much pressure to put on your kids. I know it is intended to be encouraging but what about the kids on the other team who are losing? How do they feel? When Nori is in sports I am just going to hold up a sign that says "I love you no matter what"! And I will show it to ALL the kids, especially the unatheltic ones doing their nails on the sidelines. Sure, with a mom like me she is bound to suck but her self-esteem will be intact.
So if I seem like an unpportive, cold-hearted tennis wife, that's why...I just don't get it. Jake's team lost to Struve & Arevez's powerhouse but they were only one match shy of making Nationals in Arizona and me & Erica sitting by the Tuscon pool sipping pina coladas. Now Fantasy Football season begins...
The thing I hate the most is when parents cheer at childrens' sporting games. It makes me want to cringe and cry at the same time! It seems like so much pressure to put on your kids. I know it is intended to be encouraging but what about the kids on the other team who are losing? How do they feel? When Nori is in sports I am just going to hold up a sign that says "I love you no matter what"! And I will show it to ALL the kids, especially the unatheltic ones doing their nails on the sidelines. Sure, with a mom like me she is bound to suck but her self-esteem will be intact.
So if I seem like an unpportive, cold-hearted tennis wife, that's why...I just don't get it. Jake's team lost to Struve & Arevez's powerhouse but they were only one match shy of making Nationals in Arizona and me & Erica sitting by the Tuscon pool sipping pina coladas. Now Fantasy Football season begins...
4 comments:
Well now we no why. We almost had a trip booked to Tucson (check your other spellings) but our team was short on supportive and cheering wives to help us pull through.
You could be like my parents who just never showed up to my sporting events.
KNOW
i feel ya, mothers should not be allowed at their sons sporting events unless they dont open their mouth
Post a Comment