September 09, 2009

Installment 2: Injuries & Illnesses

The canckle and gnat bits

At all times during this trip, one or the both of us were experiencing at least five of the following maladies (however, I am pleased to report that my feet felt awesome and the low humidity kept my hair frizz-free!):
  • headache
  • nausea
  • explosive diarrhea
  • fever
  • chills
  • night sweats
  • a canckle
  • concussion and possible brain hemorrhage from falling in the shower
  • loss of breath
  • faintness
  • fatigue
  • leg cramps
  • menstrual cramps
  • cellulitis (in said canckle just dx by Urgent Care)
  • bad breath
  • gnat bites with itching, swelling, and redness
  • parasites?
  • extreme flatulence
  • heatstroke
  • sunburn
  • insomnia
  • motion-sickness
  • irritability
  • common cold
  • dehydration
  • ganglion cyst
As a result, we were forced to visit the Peruvian farmicia several times and then carried our own farmicia with us in the backpack which was stocked the following medications:
  • Advil
  • blue pills (Peruvian Advil?)
  • Tylenol PM
  • Imodium AD
  • red pills (Peruvian Dramamine?)
  • Benadryl
  • tampons
  • Lidocaine patches
  • baby wipes
  • sunscreen
  • Kleenex
  • Carmex
  • gum
  • water sin gas

5 comments:

ang said...

Aieeeeee!

jodilee0123 said...

Megan! That is awful!! I hope you were able to have fun with it all. And, I guess you got to see what the medical care was like in another country--which is always interesting--and good when it is not an extreme death situation. I hope you are all feeling better!!!

Melissa Ho said...

wow, sounds like a great trip! I'm so sad I missed it. Seriously, I'm glad you guys were able to go to see Ross and Yesika and also had a little bit of fun!

Anonymous said...

Gnat bits?

wendy

Sabrina said...

Sounds like every trip i've ever taken to another country. I'm glad you could experience it too.