September 08, 2009

Americanos come home

We are home! We had a WONDERFUL trip full of new experiences, food, people, and culture!! I have so much to share but I will need to do it in various installments. Stay tuned for posts on the following topics: Stray Dogs in the Peruvian Culture, Ro$$ & Yesika's Wedding Festivities, Our Injuries & Illnesses, Surviving a Cab Ride in Arequipa, Cusco- How 11,000 ft Kicked Our Butts, Gnats of the Sacred Valley, and Going Broke in the Andes...

Nori seemed to have a great time with her grandparents while we were away. They went to the Fair, playgrounds, The MN Children's Museum, out to dinner at Tuggs on the river, colored pictures, blew bubbles, played and played! I missed her like crazy, complete with nervous breakdown on the plane ride to Lima from Miami. She seemed happy to see us, kinda staring in disbelief that we had finally returned. While we were away, she developed an affinity for Jimmy Buffet, now requesting "Jimmy Buffet...Cheeseburger" as her favorite song. So happy to be home with our girl!

Thanks Gamma & Gampa (and everyone else who helped out)!

No comments: