September 20, 2009
Back to the grind
I'll be honest, life has been kicking our butts lately! So many places we have to go, people to see, things to do. It seems like taking time for ourselves is last on the priority list. Some couples fight about money or chores, but about the only thing Jake & I continue to struggle with is time! We don't really fight but we are constantly working on how to balance all the child care and "should do's" with putting our family's needs first. Often times, we really just need to be home with unscheduled time and no demands (other than a kid and dog) on our minds. We had some good talks about this this weekend and have some new ideas to make things run more smoothly around the Seltz house. Jake has declared himself a zombie and will also work on getting more sleep so wish him luck. Poor guy works long, boring hours.
Our midlife crises did stop us from attending a Sri Lankan tennis party on Friday night while Auntie Elle babysat. Here I thought Jake played tennis with a bunch of harmless, old Indian guys, but I soon find out they are tennis FANATICS who love to push drinks on people. I mean really nice, old, fanatical drink-pushers, but still. Saturday we attended a picnic at my friend Jodi's house where the guests were all families made by adoption! It was fun hear the different stories and cool for Nori to grow up knowing other kids who were not necessarily homegrown in their mom's utes. Today we went back to the new church, Bloom, but Nori is still not so keen on the nursery, insisting "Go home NOW" and "mommy, I want donut" before we actually could leave. In fact, she has been full of funny sayings this weekend, such as when I was testing her knowledge of the alphabet:
Me: "L-M-N-O...? L-M-N-O...?
Nori: "Oh, baby!!
Or this one, when we went to watch Jake play tennis:
Nori: DADDY! Daddy! Look it! I'm Norelle!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you made time to come over! I know all about the time thing. We will always be here--we completely understand needing "family time". Let me know when you have some extra time with nothing to do so we can get together again! :0)
When you are a young family, there just is NO TIME, but it does get easier. Just concentrate on the things that count and forget all the other stuff...like- so what if the house is messy (spending time goofing off with Jake and Nori is more important!) MAKE the time for the three of you, and MAKE the time for just you and Jake. If you need babysitting call me. I am serious. I love you guys and time passes all to fast and soon you will be wishing Nori was still little and how much fun this "hectic" life really is. Mom
No means NO!
Hey, can you babysit my boys for a few days? JK!
Post a Comment