September 09, 2009

Installment 1: What we ate in Peru

Cocoa leaves for tea ...it's legal, relax.

Let's start with the good stuff first, shall we? The food in Peru was wonderful (well, at first...later on we weren't feeling so hot but I will save that for the Injuries & Illnesses post). We dove right in, being very adventurous in what we tried. Some of the best food we had was in Arequipa but everywhere we went the flavors were awesome. Take a peek at some of the best meals...

Trucha (I think it was crispy trout on yams)

A little bit of everything ( wedding food, first course)

Chocolate fondue ( prize for anyone who can identify the little round fruit?)

Juanes ( chicken & rice in Biajoa leaf) and vegetable curry

Aji de Gallina and corn chowder

Just chocolate mousse

Sizzling lamb, beef, alpaca and ostrich with yummy dipping sauces and French Fries

Pisco sour sampler

Adobo and rocoto rellena

Choclo con queso and palta rellena

Shrimp ceviche with yams and corn

Rocoto relleno and palta rellena

Roasted corn

Fruitas

Not Pictured: bottled water sin gas, trail mix, granola bars, Zone bars, dark chocolate, cereal, Chez Maggie's sausage & red pepper pizza, nasty muna, and the many pills we had to take for all our ailments.

3 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

WOW!!! Now I want to go, just to eat. All the time. A lot.

jodilee0123 said...

Heather must not have read the "part 2!" haha! It does look delicious, though!

Sabrina said...

I am SO jealous!!!! Everything looks fantastico!