All the possibilities in the world and I write that? I'm not even sure what it means. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been so busy helping the Senator prepare for the debate. I was bummed none of my questions came up. I thought for sure people would want to know his favorite color!
Dear Diary,
So lately (as in the past 8 1/2 months ) I have become a sentimental fool! Prior to Nori's birth, I rarely cried. I would even go so far as to say I couldn't cry. But becoming a mom has turned me into a sappy Hallmark mess. Every night when I read to her before I tuck her into crib, I burst into tears when we get to the line: "it's time for bed little deer, little dear...the very last kiss is almost here". It reminds that another precious, irretrievable day of her babyhood has passed and soon she will leave for college and forget I ever existed. It's killing me, I think I need therapy! Time is flying by and while I am enjoying it to the maximum, I am so sad too. I LOVE being her mom! I have finally found something I love to do, yay! Sadly, they don't pay you for it so other obligations get in the way. And given all the economic crises we face, I worry "what if we never have another kid and this is my only baby EVER and she grows up and disowns me for being too clingy and smothering and I am all alone?". When I act like that, Jake calls me Holly (Hi Mom!). Don't worry, I'm not going off the deep end entirely it's just that I never anticipated how emotionally intense motherhood would be and how deeply and unconditionally you can love and adore a little baby girl named Tootie McBootie! Beer me some empathy.
yours,
Momma Megan
7 comments:
THAT MADE ME CRY!
Tracy
I'm not a crier yet either (go figure). But....I bet the clock it ticking until I'm a giant sobbing mess like you too! At least I can hear that particular clock ticking.
You and Nori are the perfect match!
I think you should revisit Lars, you might cry now.
Happy Motherhood to you.
I thought this wasn't a sappy mom blog!? Stop making me all weepy.
Okay, of course I'm kidding. I love your thoughts on motherhood. They rock the NON mommy blog party.
Obviously you know from that "Remember" post that I too obsess about time slipping away. It makes me feel desperate sometimes. Like I might actually just EAT my children. But that makes no sense because then they'd be gone. But I still want to. So I guess you're not crazy. Or maybe we're both crazy. Whatevs.
It doesn't go away either. . . Dream big! We never thought we would have another and look what happened?
Um...I'm concerned. I am a huge crier now. I got teary during movie previews the other day. And I am not at all close to having babies yet! What will happen then?
MEGAN...I told you how it would be...you cannot ever imagine a little crying poopy messy smelly blob with goop all over her face -how could you EVER love anything so much??? NOW you know...
Mom
Post a Comment