January 21, 2013

you rang?

all you need is sister

Busy weekend! My girls enjoyed the MOA and a fabulous party so I am officially happy. Nori loved the snow cone machine that we got her (what better gift to a girl with a pica?). Grandma & Grandpa even stayed an extra day to help out and give Jake and I a chance to sleep in and  an hour to do yoga/ play tennis after all of the festivities.

feeling great on Thursday!
he's baaack! Notice the Bozo side hair (him not me)

I have been spending a lot of time with my dear old dad. Our relationship is closer than ever. Despite his crappy diagnosis, he is really happy. He had chemo on Friday and came to the birthday party on Saturday.  Then, the trouble began. You know how it is, right? Dad goes missing  for 24 hours, you drive over to his house to find him incoherent and in pain, he refuses to get out of bed, you call the ambulance to take him to ER?  Yeah, no big deal. He is currently in the hospital  (where I do not work) feeling much better and cracking jokes. Docs are running labs and imaging to figure out WTH happened!

Henley Huxtable

p.s. this girl dumped a two gallon bucket of water on the floor which then dripped through the cracks to the NEW DRYWALL in the basement. Tornado in a diaper.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Your dad is awesome! Praying lots!

Anonymous said...

So glad you finally have the relationship you have always wanted with your dad, honey, and I am sure he is just as happy as you are. Enjoy the time you have together and be happy. You are a very special person, and very easy to be with and to love. Just ask me... I know how much I love you and it's not hard at all...hahaha. I am praying every day for your Dad, that things aren't always so tumultuous and that they can control his pain, and so that you can find peace as well. I love you, babe... Mom.