 |
| tea party for one |
This one is a high maintenance diva! She makes her needs known with 3 word sentences like "Help Momma, pleee?" She is hilarious and enjoys cracking us up with her funny dancing and huge smiles. We attempted dinner out at Pizza Luce and within minutes she had broken a glass pepper shaker, colored on the wall in crayon, and spilled a cup of water all over the table. We quickly remembered why we order in. Henny is such a Momma's girl, Jake struggles to get quality time in with her since she always want me. and my boob (singular). My physical therapist wants me to try weaning her because she think the hormones are keeping my SI joint too loose despite a million hours of core strengthening and Pilates. "Momma's milk? More pleeeee" is a common request. What can I say? It probably tastes like french vanilla creamer*.
*I actually do eat tons of organic vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
 |
| We call her Henley Catherine (or Foosie Susan) when she is naughty |
 |
| time out tube |
This girl is in birthday party mode looking forward to a house of full of ballerinas and pink tulle next weekend. It is our first kids birthday party to which she invited her "gang" from school along with other family/neighborhood friends. She is finally writing NORELLE now that she has overcome her phobia of writing the letter E. She said to me today, "Meggie, you are the best momma in the whole world". Aw, go on! After I finished telling my girls how beautiful (and smart and kind andfunny) they are, she said "Momma, every daughter is beautiful, right?" I think she gets it.
 |
| headed for islands |
 |
| basement progress |
The basement is eleven weeks into a five week project. You do the math. Our 100 year old floor was broken up and hauled out bucket by bucket. A new slab was poured with in-floor heat and voila, musty old basement smell is gone! Pluming and electrical is done, we just need inspections before they can drywall, carpet, paint, trim etc. We are pleasantly surprised with the transformation so far! Goodbye dungeon - hello family room, play room/office, and storage!
 |
| always time for Cramer and the stock market |
My dad is doing well this week, just tired from the chemo. His blood counts are super low so they suspended treatment for two weeks until they can bounce back. Even though I knew pancreatic was very aggressive, I let myself believe that early detection/surgery/chemo would cure him. The reality is that even with surgery, only 5% people live longer than 5 years. That sucks. So we continue on, living every day and appreciating the time we have. He bought his acoustic guitar today and will start lessons soon- he better hope he has Casey's musical sense. We booked a
3 day Disney cruise for early March together which is very exciting. My dad has always wanted to take the girls to see Mickey, but I think they are more interested in the princesses than rodents. Nori is looking forward to "
dancing on stage with Cinderella and Charming".
3 comments:
Great post as always! We are working on weaning here (cut him to once a day). Needless to say, Mr. V is not a happy guy, so I try to hide! :) Let us know if we can be of ANY help!
Hi Megan, (and Jake, and Nori, and Henley and Dorothy),
The girls are lovely as always. The basement looks really great!! I bet you can't wait for it to be finished so you can start enjoying the extra space. The Disney cruise sounds amazing, I hope you all have a fantastic time. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with him and your family.
Hope that 2013 is treating you well and hope to see you all again soon.
Nicole
I am a long time lurker, not even sure how I ended up here. I think I found you through a friend of a friend. I've kept coming back because I love your sense of humor. Way to go on the extended breastfeeding. It's got to be hard to choose between that relationship or a potentially feeling better. And I'm thinking so much of you as you live each day intentionally with your Dad. I can only imagine. Glad you're making lots of memories.
Post a Comment