 |
| Go Gemzar! Go Gemzar! Go! Go! Go! |
The only time you actually want to be at the hospital is when you are going to leave carrying a new baby. Or maybe if they are giving out free massages. Unfortunately, I have been spending a lot of time at doctor's offices, the hospital, and the ER with my dad because his pancreatic cancer has returned. He is a private guy so I won't share all the details on what has been going on since September, but just last week they confirmed their suspicions with a PET scan. Once pancreatic cancer has reoccurred it is no longer operable and it is also not curable. It is a very difficult disease and becomes resistant to chemo. Speaking of chemo, he started more Gemzar on Friday which is thankfully a well-tolerated drug with very few side effects. So yeah, the prognosis is not good. It's really sad. But even though it's not okay, it is okay. We are talking every day making up for lost time. He signed up for guitar lessons. We are hoping to sneak in a trip this spring, too. There are lots of unknowns so we take it day by day and hope for him to feel good for as long as possible. I love my dad and am grateful to spend this time with him hoping for a miracle.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support! Thank you to Aunt Jill & Cousin Abby for the babysitting on Friday which allows me to be with my dad at his appointments.
 |
| Christmas Day 2012 |
 |
| his favorite hospital treat - November 2012 |
3 comments:
Megan,Jake,and girls... I am so sorry to hear this. I Love you all so very much, and if I can help at all please let me know. Give Bill a hug and my Love!
Auntie Wendy
This is an awful disease and I am deeply saddened for him, and of course for you, Casey and the family. My prayers will continue and I hope Bill will rest in the comfort of God's hands, and find the strength to get through the chemo and not only find, but also fight for that miracle... it is out there. Your Dad is a good man, and I hope you will tell him that. I love you, babe, and am here to help you and Casey out in whatever way I can. ... Love, Mom
I'm so sorry Megan, I was so hoping your last post wasn't about your dad. But I will pray for him, and hope for lots of miracles! Hugs!
Post a Comment