November 21, 2010

ice road truckers

Back again? I missed you, too.

What a weekend! It started with chocolate cake and warm cookies at Anderson's for life group where we got to hear our friend Micah's cool life story. On Friday Nori got her flu shot/mist then we had bagels with Liam & Angie and took a nap before burgers at the Blue Door Pub with Jake's cousins, Zach & Tacy and Cole & Traci. On Saturday we squeezed in a Target run before Gramsie arrived, Jake cleaned the entire house all himself, we had Davanni's with babysitter/SIL du jour Ellen before heading off the see cousin Abby as the lead in West Side Story (she was charming and witty and gaaaaay). Today we furniture shopped for a bed & dresser for Nori's room and tonight is Casey's gf Jaimie's senior vocal recital in River Falls. Is that enough?

I got my turkey! We are hosting this year and my mom, who is taking the lead cooking role and never goes overboard, insisted we get a 25lb turkey so there are a weeks worth of leftovers for every single dinner guest. In honor of Thanksgiving, I will be posting a new blog everyday this week with the theme of gratitude, live blogging from the kitchen all day Thursday, and ending the day with a big surprise. Remember last time when I blogged all week? And how I said there would be a surprise, but then I forget to come up with one? This time I will try not to forget, okay? Are you excited?

If this post bored you to drink, try reading my favorite blog right now Enjoying The Small Things by Kelle Hampton for inspiration...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Excited !


Aunt Wendy

Melissa Ho said...

I love your surprises!

jodilee0123 said...

I can't possibly imagine what that surprise will be.......

Anonymous said...

(charming and witty and Briiiiiight. Excuse you.)

Sabrina said...

I can't wait for your big surprise!

BA in English said...

If memory serves me correctly, I described myself as "charming and witty and gaaaaay" just last week.