November 18, 2010

Hoarder

Commonly hoarded items

Mark my words, Nori is going to be on Hoarders someday! (BTB, someone from my hometown that I knew was actually on Hoarders and much to my relief it was not my mother, despite her best efforts). My daughter constantly picks up little trinkets, tiny stuffed animals, stickers, beads, pieces of toys (the smaller the better), and carries them around with her, preferably toting in a tiny basket or her ingenious idea, a baby sock! If you try to get her to move into another room, she first must collect ALL of her little things to bring along with her or a meltdown will ensue. At bedtime, we talk her down to just 4 tiny items from her preferred 20. Is this because I held her too much as a baby?

tiny toys for tiny hands

To make matters better, she is getting sick. She was was up from 2:00 a.m.- 4:30 a.m. two nights ago playing in her room, crying, screaming, and finally taking off her nighttime diaper and sitting cross-legged in a pool of her own liquid. "Sorry Daddy, I tinked my bed", she said when Jake found her and bathed in the middle of night while I changed her linens. Oh child. In the morning I asked her how Daddy felt last night and she replied "not happy". Good thing she is so adorable.

I have not been feeling so well myself so not much is getting done, but we have full weekend ahead so i better snap out of it! I am really excited for the holidays this years so I can't wait to do some Christmas shopping and decorating! What are you excited about?

5 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

It looks like a broken chocolate bunny in the top of that basket! Maybe I'm just craving chocolate...

Sabrina said...

I am looking forward to having the engery to just sit up on the couch.

Take care... hope you start feeling better!

jodilee0123 said...

I love Christmas! So excited this year! I hope I can muster up enough time to get some decorations up, but I might have to get the house cleaned first! I'm done with my Christmas shopping--yes--it is true. We'll see what else I can get done!

bluecollardaughter said...

I like it when you blogged about the spooky jeans, Every day I wonder what they are doing, and now I wonder where they have gone. Don't underestimate the power of the "story."
P.S. Feel better (do you think the jelly sandwich on Wonder lowered your immune system?)

StephanieG said...

LOL! There have been SO many times that Danny has walked into Macy's room and then turned and yelled to me, "Macy is turning into a hoarder!" I'm convinced that show creates a terrible paranoia inside of every parent that their child will grow up to be one day featured on the show.