Angie turned 30 on Saturday! To celebrate I had hoped we were going to go in for Botox and lipo, but instead she invited us the Gopher's football game which sadly caused Pat to go to the bad place emotionally. I may write my doctoral thesis on sports-related depression. It was our first ever game in the new stadium and quite festive! Nori & Liam stayed home with babysitters chasing Seamus the cat while their parents enjoyed relaxing in one sunny spot for the first time 2 years. After the game Andy showed up a motorcycle??!! Without a helmet!!! Is there a word for someone who loves to borrow other people's vehicles? If so, it applies to him.
Also, Happy Birthday wishes to my pal Jill who turned 33!! Hope Nova & Shawn treated you well!
Also, Happy Birthday wishes to my pal Jill who turned 33!! Hope Nova & Shawn treated you well!
We returned home with just enough time for Jake to take on the Rug Doctor and scrub all our carpets and couches. It was a huge project, but his huge muscles and amazing attention to detail made it a job well done. Nori & I got some groceries and headed outside to a very fun block party! Everyone was there and we had at least 25 kids of all ages spinning in the streets. Our house was a hot spots due to the inclined driveway (city kids don't have hills). We had a BBQ potluck, caught up with neighbors, shared stories, and felt very lucky to live in such a cool community.
I am official exhausted and sun burnt with another busy week ahead of me. For these keeping track, I made first batch of soup, Grandma's Chicken Noodle (not my grandma's). Jealous? In response to a request from a loyal reader, for this week ONLY, I will be posting every single day culminating in big surprise at the end of the week. Granted, I have no idea what the surprise will be yet, but I trust over the course of the week something cool will materialize? If not, I will make something up!
4 comments:
Yay for SOS daily posts!!! I think my week will now be complete!
Some of those pictures are horrifying. One in particular. Thanks for the shoutout!
Is it because I forgot the tiara?
Is there a cure for sports-related depression? Yes, it's called the Minnesota twins winning again. After that, I don't think there is a cure. GS
Post a Comment