A $20 gate has improved my quality of life, ensuring a little girl stays in her bedrooms until a reasonable hour. I have heard her plotting her escape, saying to herself "I'm just going to hop over that gate", but so far it's all talk.
I made the soup Kelly recommended and it is so good! The first night we ate it I could not taste due to my cold, but I had some for lunch today and I must say, I really outdid myself! For once. So for those keeping track so far it is: chicken noodle, spicy black bean, and squash and white beans.
While Jake was at Obama's house, Nori & I shopped, walked the dog, and visited Papa & Nana on Friday night. On Saturday we played with New Haircut Aunt Jill, cooked, and generally enjoyed being our homebody-selves. Why leave the house when your pajamas, pillow, and dessert are right here? It's not just me, whenever I ask Nor, "what do you want to do today?", she always says, "just stay home!". Yesterday, as we were eating blueberry granola in front of the (fake) fire, she looked up at me to say, "I'm having great day at home with Mommy". Awe!
Today we forced ourselves out into the world for another Target run (I am up to three trips a week), Bloom'ed, Body Pumped at the YMCA, and then went to a wonderful backyard baby shower/tea party for Joel & Rachael who are expecting a baby girl in December. It has taken them 8 years for their dream of being parents to come true, so we are thrilled that the day is almost here!
3 comments:
I love that you made that soup! It sounded so delicious when I read the recipe. Here is another idea I am going to try next week:
http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2009/02/sweet-potato-corn-and-jalape%C3%B1o-bisque.html
You are so blessed that Nori doesn't climb over the gate! We had to ditch ours when Jada was 10 months. Yesterday, I caught her climbing a ladder that was leaned up against the neighbors 8 foot wood fence. . . nice. . . .I'll have to head over to Kelly's blog for that soup recipe.
I need to get on the soup train.
Post a Comment