January 29, 2012

Baby's 1st flash mob

sister side show

8 months old!

This is what a Lite Brite looks like in 2012

So, what's new? Oh me? Well, my dad is doing great - his CT and blood work are cancer-free and he has his last chemo next Friday. It better stay this way! Guess who joined the Y? Me! I am slowly starting to do some cardio and strength training while I finish up my back rehab and return to the land of the mobile. The scale says I am back to pre-baby weight but the mirror tells another story, one of a haggard midsection loosely flapping in the wind. Gramsie came to town this weekend so that means we had free babysitting and free advice on various medical issues. The advice was always the same: 'I would put Desitin on it". Maladies range from UTI's , itchy hands, and a broken leg. Normally, her advice to to "goob up with Vicks", so I was surprised to hear her new found love of diaper rash cream.

What else? We met up with pals for a playdate at Java Train on Friday and later Jake & I had a date at Fuji-Ya. On Saturday the whole family celebrated Papa Michael's 80th birthday by performing as a rythmless flash mob to "Mickey" and wearing handlebar mustaches. The nanny interviews continue and we are close to making an offer. Once that is squared away, we can set a start date for Nori to go to preschool part-time as well. She has a case of the tantrums so we think she is ready for some outside of the house structure. Baby Henny is battling another yet cold which means she bites when she can't breathe. Every boob for itself! I am implementing the relacation plan now that Lefty has healed but this cold might mess things up.



40 x 2

most of the family minus Fluffy & Randy who were cut off (but really they are the weakest links)


2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.