January 19, 2012

this and that

chomp chomp

I have a biter. Every time I nurse, I like to think of myself like that girl who is back on her surf board after her arm was bitten off by a shark. We are brave that girl and I. Due to a wound that will not heal, I finally called the lactation specialist who helped me devise a plan for healing. The best news is that I learned about something called lactation cookies. You had me at cookie!

we made up

Did I mention I have been going to Physicians Neck & Back Clinic for about month doing a strength training/rehab program to help me overcome this back case of baby back (copyright)? It is helping and they are keeping me active so I am hopeful that in time I will be somewhat normal again, activity wise. I attend old lady water aerobics while Nori is in swimming lessons, too. She got promoted to the Sunfish class, but after whining the first 30 minuets of class they bumped her back down to a Jellyfish and she is much happier with her old teacher. This kid is just like her old ma, not adventurous nor aquatically inclined.

sisters

I am interviewing nannies again to prepare for Nanny Nicole's departure this spring and there are lots of interesting people out there. Like one woman who was forced to lie to the dad about how much shopping the mom did. Or every other mom who wants to bring her kids along. Or one lady who called herself "Mrs. Doubtfire". Cross your fingers I find someone good!

playing "Oscar the Grouches in our can"

p.s. Is is weird if someone names their new dog after your baby? Not just "Jack" since every other dog and kid is named Jack, but Henley because they thought of your baby?

6 comments:

ellen said...

nice shirt megan... ;)

Anonymous said...

She looks like a biter...owww!

Love you all
Auntie Wendy

Anonymous said...

She looks like a biter...owww!

Love you all
Auntie Wendy

jodilee0123 said...

Bummer that your nanny is leaving. I'll watch your kids if I can bring all three of mine along. ha! Could you imagine? We need to chat about that nanny thing sometime. Maybe I need someone who will just pick toys up, cook dinner, do laundry, and clean the kitchen after my baking adventures--oh yeah, bathrooms too would be cool. Then I can still play with my kids. Hope you are feeling better. Maybe some Pilates reformer sessions would help....

Sabrina said...

Yeah it is strange that they would name a dog after your daughter.

Bluecollardaughter said...

I like the part on the lactation cookies link that says "eat at least 4 or more a day" and that they have a cup of butter in 'em. Being a mommy is beautiful!