January 22, 2012
birthday madness
She crawls! Sister is curious, too! I will not be blogging as baby chasing is my new hobby. I wish we still had Dorothy's kennel.
After some power weekend chores, we headed to Winona. We stayed at Gramsie's for the first time ever (all of us) and it was great to witness her domestic side as we enjoyed her lasagna and constant cleaning up after us. Nor went bonkers playing and Henny even slept away from home, hallelujah. Luckily, the heat was blasting at 74 degrees so I no longer need a winter vacation. We also got to visit Papa Michael to celebrate the big 8-0!
The birthday madness continued today as we celebrated Grandma Sylvia's 90th birthday!!! NINETY years old and still working! Here you think everyone in my family is just keeling over left and right, but little do you know we have this beaut in the gene pool! The party was held in the St. Stan's Church basement of course (home of the fall bizarre complete with cake walk and Go Fish). Father Roy and every Polish person in town was in attendance for a turkey dinner, cake, and punch. I gave Nori and cousins Grace & Mekensie a tour of the sanctuary because after all, I did go to Catholic school for three years so I know a thing or two about the stations of the cross and whatnot. Despite my accurate information giving, Nori believed that Jesus was born on the altar and played toys in the balcony. She says she even saw an angel. Later, after being introduced to the confessional and Holy Water, she deduced that the hand sanitizer must be "Holy Soap".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The smile Sylvia has on her face is priceless! She is a strong woman and the photo is great! Of course I can't say enough about your babies...I love you all!!!
Anonymous Aunt Jill
I heart Catholics.
Post a Comment