January 14, 2012

Rainbow-a-rama

ready to party

Today we celebrated Nori's 4th birthday in colorful style! We sorted M & M's by color, made paper chains & tissue poms, and spent countless hours in the kitchen dripping food dye (my fingers are still green). Our nearest and dearest came over to celebrate four years of Norelle Renee Seltz. She spent many days dreaming of her rainbow party and was so exited to finally have everyone here to play and celebrate! Thank you everybody for the fun! Only four more days until her actual birthday. Let the good times roll on!

somewhere under the rainbow

four roses for four glorious years

even baby gets in on the action

taste the rainbow

Oh, for me?

a song for your cake

Parents for 4 years and showing the wear!

A little lesson in cooking from yours truly. Some things are worth the time and others are not. Take for instance my two rainbow creations for the party. The first was a 6 layer rainbow cake with cream cheese frosting. It looks 6 hours counting freezer time between layers but it was totally worth it! On the other hand, my 4 layer (I only got to four before the bundt pan overflow) rainbow Jell-O. It took 8 hours and turned to cottage cheese and Skittle puke.

my success


And my Jell-O was supposed to look like the first picture. See the second photo for the actual results. I am happy to make one for you if you want!



fail

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

I seriously LOL when I saw your jello!! That is so wrong in so many ways. But Jello is the devil so what did you expect? Your cake howevs is AMAZING!!!
Happy Birthday Nori! :)

Erin Turpin said...

awesome theme, glad it was a great day! happy birthday nori!!

jodilee0123 said...

I wanted the jello recipe...until I looked at the second photo...but still feel free to direct me to the recipe so I can try a disaster! COOL cake! There are a couple I've been thinking of trying for jakob's birthday and he would get a huge kick out of this one! Happy Birthday Norelle! Woot woot! 4--wow!

Team Deitering said...

Happy Birthday Nori (soon)! Cute decorations and thanks for the jello chuckle!! :)

Anonymous said...

I too laughed out loud! Thanks for sharing. Happy bday Nori!!! Love you!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nori! I love your Jello disaster! I would have served it just for the response! Have a happy week! Love, Katie

Bluecollardaughtewww said...

Happy birthday to Nori...what an awesome birthday "theme!" Much more fun than Sonic the Hedgehog and the other thugs one has to glorify at bays when one has boys! I miss you! Now that I am back to blogging maybe we can hook up IRL. Hugs!