We drove down to Winona on Thursday night just in time for artichoke dip and homemade pizza at Seltzes (spoiler: this post may be all about food). Due to the blessed birth of our Savior, Nori got to sleep in the big queen size bed in between us every single night. We did get to sleep in everyday this weekend thanks to Steve & Liz which compensated for the kicks and cover throwing off.
Nori was very excited for church, Santa, and giving gifts... she had a blast! She loved all of her presents but Handy Manny and the tools were her favorite. I am sure you know, all of the tools have names... Dusty is the saw, Stretch is the tape measure, Pat is the hammer, Squeeze is the pliers, Turner and Felipe are the screwdrivers. Now, I'm not sure if she was quoting Silent Night but her best comment of the evening was when she was talking about the screwdrivers saying "Felipe loves to screw, too. Watch out girls, we are in trouble now!".
Nori was very excited for church, Santa, and giving gifts... she had a blast! She loved all of her presents but Handy Manny and the tools were her favorite. I am sure you know, all of the tools have names... Dusty is the saw, Stretch is the tape measure, Pat is the hammer, Squeeze is the pliers, Turner and Felipe are the screwdrivers. Now, I'm not sure if she was quoting Silent Night but her best comment of the evening was when she was talking about the screwdrivers saying "Felipe loves to screw, too. Watch out girls, we are in trouble now!".
On Christmas Day we kept the tradition alive of cramming as many Hengels as humanly possible into a small house and turning the television volume and heat all the way up. We ate brunch and turkey dinner, but I think most of calories came from chocolate covered pretzels. Baby Honey needs to grow! Darlene gave Papa some undies but the photos are NSFW and Nori is stocked up on toys for the year.
Thanks to everyone who cleaned, baked, cooked, shopped, wrapped, babysat and otherwise made this a wonderful holiday! We love you all! Tonight we are relaxing by a fire enjoying handmade pasta and eggplant parm. What a great vacay...and we are just getting started!
2 comments:
I knew I could feel your presence when I was in Winona! :)
The Hengel Fam must be too homely to warrent a photo?
Post a Comment