Students are back in full force which I LOVE because they keep me busy and remind me how rewarding it is helping others achieve their goals (since I don't have any goals of my own other than to be in PJ's by 5:00 p.m.). Plus, I totally work on a college campus, how cool is that. My workplace has it's own sports teams, theaters, cafes, and even maroon & gold sweatshirts which I can wear in lieu of a business suit, which is great as sweatshirts go better with orthopedic footwear than pencil skirts and lace blouses.
McBootie is hitting the books too, this month they are studying a unit called Family Tree, Pets & Me including the letters A, T & M. Really? I am so not telling her my PIN!! Word is she acts as the Vice Principal at Tammy's daycare, reiterating any corrections handed down by Tammy to the other, less verbal kids. If Tammy says " No, no Lana, no pushing" Nori will chime in with "No Lana! We don't push! That's too naughty!!" Oh boy. This morning I found her playing with my camera so I looked at the photos to find some portraits of her best friend. I asked, "Did you take a picture of Blankie?" and she replied, "Yep, he's really cute!!". Potty training is going awesome, in part due to my new celebratory song every time she pees. To the tune of She Bangs by Ricky Martin, I sing, "She tinked! She tinked! Oh baby, yeah, she tinked! She tinked!, I go crazy..." all while doing a patty-cake style hand clap to show my enthusiasm while Nori echos "I tinked, I tinked, oh baby....". I have not bought real diapers in months, only nighttime diapers. Go Team Tink!
Breaking news: Jake's facial hair can control the stock market and possibly the universe. Last winter he grew a beard and his "growth model" (you know, those stocks he follows or whatever the heck it is he does) did great! But the instant he shaved his beard, they tanked. All of this coworkers convinced him it was HIS BEARD that influenced this shift, thus prompting him to re-grow a "rally beard" which has immediately caused a resurgence in the model and overall world economy. Personally, I am not a fan said rally beard, however he claims he needs to keep it to basically save the country from another Great Depression. Does anyone else find this alarming?
2 comments:
Tell Jake to wait until I sell the house and get some money for him to play with....then let him grow that beard forever!!!
my new favorite phrase: RALLY BEARD. i wish my facial hair brought good luck. instead, it generally brings an itching discomfort.
we missed you at the bbq the other day! however, nori told my mom, "thank you for making such good corn." ahhhhh so precious. i just knew you fed her that line in advance to win joan's heart over.
Post a Comment