June 29, 2009

Day 3 of seclusion

Next up: West Nile, SARS and maybe some Avian Flu?

Something is seriously wrong with my girl! I may need to leave her outside to wander the streets until she feels better because the smells coming out of her are revolting. I think she has been eating grass again. I tell her not to but she doesn't understand. Oh, Dorothy!

In Nori news, we survived Day 3 of H1N1. It was not a great day, but she is actually doing pretty well. She is unbelievably cranky, off the charts cranky and needs my attention constantly, including when she is supposed to be asleep. But all things considered, that's not bad and we are grateful! Her cough is still there but no worse than yesterday and she didn't even run a temp today. I would say the Tamiflu is doing the trick but I'm not sure how much she has actually swallowed. We have been having epic battles getting her take it. She says, "medicine... yuck!" and spits it out or turns her head away. We have tried it all: bubble gum flavoring from the pharmacy, served in Hershey's chocolate syrup (main food source of Gramsie Hol), begging & pleading and finally we "swaddled" her (think straight jacket) and forced it down the hatch. Not fun.

I declare that tomorrow will be better!


5 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Holy cow!!! Or Holy pig!!!

NOT FUN.

I'm sorry, sheesh.

Asher hates meds too. Since I have to do the whole battle thing no matter what, I prefer him to be in the tub, distracted by water while we do it. Sometimes he doesn't even notice cause he's too busy trying to drink pee water...

mmmmm....

hang in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Nori is sick. :( But gosh, that sure is a cute yoga video!!! :)

Angie Mac said...

Liam sucks his meds down like an addict. I think what Nori does is probably healthier. :)

Call me tomorrow if you want to have a girl-in-the-plastic bubble type playdate. Maybe our kids could just look at each other through glass.

Team Deitering said...

Such a cute video!!!! I am impressed with Jake's yoga knowledge! Hope Nori feels better soon!

jodilee0123 said...

Almost there. . . Glad to hear things are not getting unbearable!