
My newborn is a good sleeper and I am not sleep deprived yet. I go to bed early, take a nap and do just fine, most days. Jake however is chronically sleep deprived even before the baby. He wakes up at 5:30 a.m. and usually doesn't get to bed before 12:00 a.m. He has too much to do at night...tennis, dinner, hanging out with us and tons of reading for work. Now he hears me when I get up with the baby so that's even less sleep. I think I need to start a campaign to get him to sleep...any ideas on how to do that? I am reading this book recommend by my ped call Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Do you think they make one for tired husbands?
5 comments:
I hear a trip to Hawaii might do the trick...
or give him a bottle and some lullabyes.
Ahhhh. . . I have just the book for him. I'll bring it to class on Thursday if you are coming. I haven't actually read it yet. . .my sleep is too important!! haha Then you guys can tell me if it is worth the time to read. I also wanted to let you know that I have a ton of books on adoption if you are ever looking for one in particular--I would be more than happy to loan it to you!
If the book doesn't help. . .Jake is just going to have to quit his job so he has enough time for life! :0)
I think you have forgotten something about today...your little pooper girl slept for a grand total of maybe 2 hours all day!! So therefore, NO ONE got any naps either. I get the 5:00 a.m. shift, so she better be ready to eat and go back to bed right away, otherwise the dogs will have to take morning duty. Just kidding...I love her to pieces, but I really love sleep too.
I jinxed myself! Yesterday she was awake ALL day again and woke up 4 times last night. Thank goodness my mom is here!
Post a Comment