February 28, 2008

Not so sensible of shoe

I have been being bad and walking around the house sans shoes. I can do this a little bit but lately I am jumping up to make bottles, quiet my crying baby or changing diapers barefoot which is a major no-no for me. Needless to say, my right foot is killing. For those who don't know, I am celebrating 5 years with a wicked combination of plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia and CRPS/RSD due to "high rigid arches" and an ill thought-out marathon attempt with a sadistic training coach. Ron Byland, you & your revealing running tights are on my bad side. Anyway, my miracle shoes, the MBT help tremendously but curiously ONLY if they are actually on my feet. So, I am canceling my workouts and planting my butt firmly on couch until this flare-up passes.

In other family health news, my Grandma Audrey has learned that her pancreatic cancer has metastasized throughout her body into her lungs and liver and she is choosing to stop her chemo, at least for now. We are all very sad but respect her decision. We do not know what this means but it is likely not very promising. Please pray for her. And my cousin Abby continues to have serious abdominal pain even after the removal of her gallbladder so she will be going into the U of M hospital fora full-workup to get her back on her feet like she should be.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I will send lots of prayers all around for you and your fam!

jodilee0123 said...

Sending all my prayers to your family!! "Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ." –Galatians 6:2
One of my favorites to remind me of our purpose in life.