January 14, 2008

Ungulates




Last night while at Buca with a bunch of friends, Missy informed us she does not like lamb or goat cheese. Ang deducted that she doesn't like anything from the sheep family. We knew there was a better term than "sheep family" but could not come up with it. On the ride home I remembered the term is ungulate (hoofed animals). I know this because I took an awesome primatology class at UNI where we had to study the animal orders. It was a night class which met at the prof's house... he cooked us dinner and we had lectures in his living room! If you were over 21, he gave you wine. He was in his 60's, I would guess, and he lived with an older women who looked she was in her 80's. I assumed this was his mom and referred to her as that but no, it was his wife. Oops. Anyway, this was back when I wanted to be Jane Goodall. I still do, minus living the forest part. If I have had a terrible disease and got to do a Make-a-Wish I would wish to get to play with a real live orang or chimp for a day, much like Michael Jackson. On a side note, I once won second place in a Halloween contest dressed as Jane Goodall. Obvi this was that U of M where only a bunch of geeks like me would appreciate dressing up as a scientist.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

What's wrong with goats? We used to raise them and drink their milk! I hope YOU like goat cheese cause I gots a few apps rolling in some goat cheese.

...sensible of shoe said...

I adore it.

Sabrina said...

good, cause you be up in my buffet just working on the goat dips!

Sabrina said...

I had no idea you were such a nerd! For years I wanted to grow up to be a librarian! Oh crap! that is what i ended up doing! NERDS!