March 10, 2013

you know it

a whole lotta Henny!

Henny had a fun week home with Momma and/or Dadda while Nanny was on vacation (someone should be!) Jake spent a special day with his baby at the Children's Museum and I took her to the hospital to show her the ropes so she is ready to take care of me when I start to fall apart.  Nori enjoyed her usual schedule at pre-school where she chased her "husband" Teegan around the gym and studied her letters, in that order.

The Habitot Room is the bomb. Do people still say things are the bomb?

cuddle time with Papa Bill

Later in the week, we sprung Papa Bill from the hospital. Thank you to my friend, Erin, who dropped what she was doing and came over on Friday to take beautiful photos of my dad with his granddaughters. I will share those with you soon! Dad seems to have good days and bad days, you never know how he will feel.  Linda came back from Florida to help take care of him in his own home and hospice will start next week.

Needless to say, I have moments where I am overcome with sadness, especially when I think the energy he used to have (even very recently) and the hopes and dreams he had for his future.We have become very close in the last two years, he always says "we are making up for the 30+ years in two years".   It is very unfair he is stricken with this disease so young. I am just going to miss him so much!

 
bonding time on 7D 

Luckily, I have many bright spots in my life, especially my family. Jake picks up my slack and is so patient with every new crisis. My girls are  full of love and happiness, it's contagious! Hen is a huge Mama's Girl right now so if I am around, she must be on my lap or at least  in the same room. She has tons of hugs and kisses to cheer me up. Nori is loving as ever and has big plans to marry Teegan, have five kids, and build a house our driveway because she always to be by Momma. The rest of my family is very supportive with offers to help and words of encouragement,  plus I have wonderful friends who I can count on. All of these people help me get through this hard time. Yeah, I am talking about YOU (unless you are some creeper reading a blog about people you don't know in which case.... Hello, Nice to meet you, Creeper! I like you already!).

Nori teaches Henny the fine art of television watching

all clean

sister power!

I love her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a gift from God, Megan. You have made your peace with your Dad and I know he loves you and Casey and your families so much. You will always have him in your hearts & you can talk to him any time. Just make each day count with your unconditional love for your dad. I admire your courage and tenacity during this time in your life. I am so proud you have set your goals how to keep the days moving forward in a positive way and you have shown your Dad that you love him no matter what, and he truly KNOWS how you feel. As your Mom, I feel helpless in how to help you get through this, but I am here for you always and forever. You will move forward as you always do, and just remember how many people love you and your brother. No one knows how hard it is to go through such sad times unless they have been there. You are strong, kind, and even during all the difficulties that go on, you will come out of this even stronger. I love you. Mom

Sabrina said...

On the bright side, your dad is very handsome... I've always thought so. :)