| "do eggs!" |
| A heart and an H for....Harely the dog |
| Can you spot the brown eggs? |
| Little sister loved the egg hunt |
| Nori teaches Henny about her love of chocolate dipped Peeps |
| The bunny is very serious about oral hygiene! |
| Easter divas |
| love wins |
| notice the new pedis? |
| Nori says I am the "owner" of all of them |
| they love their Gramsie |
![]() |
| these people make me look normal |
We had a family-filled weekend with my mom here and visits from Papa Michael, Abby Jill, Tracy, Wendy, Casey & Jaimie and even my college pal, Angela. We dyed-eggs and prepared for Easter with the girls. After a sleepless night for Nori, she found out "the bunny did visit!" even though she could not hear any hopping all night long. We celebrated with lunch at Tracy's, Gangnam Style, and a much needed nap.
Spring is coming and Jake knows this first hand because the melted snow is leaking in to our new basement, despite water proofing-precautions!!! He is outside sticking his hand down frozen drains and pouring boiling water in to melt ice clogs while simultaneously dehumidifying, heating, and fanning damp carpet. Don't you wish you were him?
It was a weird week. I am not sure how I am supposed to act and feel after losing my dad. Obviously, I am terribly sad that he only had 60 years. How unfair that after his recurrence time went so fast, he was not able to do things he wanted as he was too sick. He bought a guitar but never had the energy or mental clarity to take one lesson. Planning our trip gave him hope, yet even if it been earlier he was in and out of the hospital so much he still might not have been able to go.
It hit me hard when I went pick up his ashes on Friday - they handed me the "urn" (cardboard box) labelled William Wayne Palbicki. How can it be that last week he was here and now he is gone? I am sad, but not crying all the time, except for when I break down in yoga or in the car. I am more moody, anxious, or as Jake has been telling people "numb". Maybe that is abnormal but I guess I will process this a little bit each day and feel however I feel, whenever I want. I have had several grief dreams already, one where he was mad at me and another where something terrible happened to one of my girls and I woke up sobbing.
There is still lots of drama with my ex-stepmother and loose ends with his estate, but Jake and Casey are taking charge of organizing those matters which is awesome. I am planning the family memorial by focusing on the details: ordering cards, photos, talking to the priest, writing checks, and trying to find a place for lunch. It is just plan weird.
Thank you to everyone for the emails, calls, cards, flowers, donations, babysitting, and other ways of showing your support! It helps to remember that other people care and want to cheer you up!
.jpg)
2 comments:
It was a great weekend! Thank you for having me, and you know how much you all mean to me. I can never get enough "Megantime" Honey, you are doing a great job with all you have on your mind...just don't forget to take good care of yourself as well. I love you all.
Gramsie and Harley
Happy Easter. This weekend I am going to surprise you. Surprise! You may or may not see me. Don't be scared.
(thinking of you daily!)
Post a Comment