I was giving Seamus, the poodle in my office, a pep talk today because she was embarrassed by her new haircut. I was reminding her that it's what's on the inside that counts! and all of us curly girls get a bad 'do from time to time when I noticed she was wearing a lone sock, a lacy anklet. I think it made her feel pretty again. This is why I love my office - we have a dog in sock. I am sure I am not the only one who gave her the pep talk, it's an office full of counselor-types.
My mom is coming up today to hang with the kids while we spend time at the hospice this weekend. Nori articulately explained to me that Henny is talking all of her "Momny Time" as little sister demands most of my attention which makes Nori feel bad. She is totally right - I asked Nori to plan a girl date for the two of us and she settled on going to a cafe and then a bookstore to buy a new book. Looking forward to some girl time!
My dad is not really eating and is sleeping all the time but he knows we are there and talks a tiny bit. He is not in pain (thank you, liquid morphine) and resting very comfortably.
No comments:
Post a Comment