March 19, 2013

hospice

view from his window
Dad moved to a wonderful new place... in fact, it is so awesome I cried after I left. It is a hospice home on  a lake with lots of sunshine and wildlife outside. They have only have eight people at a time and it has all the amenities of a hospital room yet all the coziness of home. There is even space for families: a kitchen with soups, sandwiches and drinks, a living room with fireplace, toys for kids, and sun porch. After his shower, Dad sat in a recliner all day napping in the sun. He even had a massage in his chair. He is not eating much but did say a few words to some friends and family on the phone. I can not tell you how good I feel about where he is and the care they are providing for him. We are visiting him everyday and enjoying the beauty in these moments.

that sweet shirt is really a fab hospital gown

p.s. Thank you to Missy who took my baby shoplifting (Henny stole a bunny from Hanna Andersson but it has been returned) and let me nap on her couch  in between visits to my dad.

3 comments:

Jilly said...

I love you Megan! You are an incredible daughter. Your Dad has always looked so good in blue...I seem to remember a blue tux...

Sabrina said...

It sounds like a lovely place... very peaceful.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you kids doing such a great job with and for your Dad. He loves you with all his heart and I know that for sure. Who wouldn't? You guys are so easy to love!!! You can be proud of the attention to every detail for his comfort and care has been met because of your diligence to detail. I know the bulk has fallen on you, Megan, because of Casey being away at school, but help is always a phone call away. I love you so much. Mom