Now is not a good time to try to rob our house as we are not on the Disney cruise after all. My dad was admitted to the hospital on Sunday and is still there, but doing better now. He is currently getting another block to help manage his pain, but they hope to discharge him by Friday to start hospice in his home. Last night he and I had a great talk about all the decisions he has made, what he wants for me, and what it is going to be like when he is gone. I am grateful for those special moments, just so sad they are coming to an end. I hope he still has some good days and we can enjoy the time we have left, pain-free.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry Megan.
I'm sorry Megan. I hope they can get his pain under control, and I wish him peace and comfort. Let me know if you need anything.
Thinking of you,
Katie
Meg, I am so sorry you are going through this. You have some mighty shoulders because you are carrying a lot. I love you and am praying for all of you. You have really been there for your Dad, as you were when your Mom went through her illness. You will always feel good that you spent the time with your Dad. Praying for pain free days and peace in your life.
Love, Anonymous Aunt Jill
Megs... I Love You So Much, I am so sorry that you have had to deal with so much of this "stuff" so young. Know that we all Love You and will always be there for you. Please give your dad a hug from me...
Love, Aunt Wendy
You are a strong young woman and I am so proud of you and your brother. I am very sad for what you are facing at such young ages, but at least you are able to have some good times with your Dad, and able to talk out all the things you have been wanting to talk about for years. You were there for me when I went through my cancer, and if not for you, Casey and my family and friends, I don't know that I would be here today. I love you so much, and I know that you will appreciate this time you are sharing with Bill. Be glad that you can talk things out and share your feelings. Count your blessings and just remember how much you are loved. You and Casey were two of my best blessings and am so lucky to have you both in my life. Love you. Mom.
Megan,
So sorry to be reading the latest news about your Dad being so ill and the cruise being cancelled. Please let me know if I can ever help out - just drop the girls off to play whenever you need a break. Praying for your peace and comfort during this time.
Hugs,
Marie
Post a Comment