August 05, 2012

Hey! That's my line!

this photo inspired by a bribe of chocolate chips

Henny is now a climber, she made her way up the step stool to the sink and was caught brushing her teeth all by herself. Um, baby you are only 14 months old. As the youngest child, she is a master of self-defense but also goes on the offense. If she is mad at you, she will literally scratch your eyes out while pulling your hair. Don't mess with Foose. We are trying to teach her to be gentle and kind and she gets Time Outs which are more for Nori's sake so she doesn’t think the brutality goes unpunished. Henny loves to kiss now, with a great big "mwah!" at the end. I asked Jake if he had made out with her yet and he gave me a weird look. I just meant she gives quality kisses and I enjoy it, mom to baby. Hen still loves to meet strange ladies and win them over with cuddles and hugs. She also loves to be funny so she will bonk her head and blow raspberries if she thinks you might laugh at her. I don't know where gets that from. She also says “pretty” when she sees flowers and “uh oh” when she intentionally drops stuff. 

total ham
I love her

Nori & I had a girl date at Caribou. She sipped her hot chocolate and we read a couple of chapters from A Little Princess before walking over to the BreadSmith to get Daddy a chocolate bobka roll. Oh, and we stopped by the St. Paul Cheese Shop to sample, too. I am going to cash in my 401K and spend it all on cheese. We enjoyed our little escape together and she reminded me how she can act so grown up when wants to. She uses words like “function" “process" "suspended animation" and “pollution".  This from the same girl that will have a tantrum when she feels "drinky". We have these weird sayings that evolve to become even weirder over time. For example, because Nor is also so slooooow to do anything, I am always saying "scoot your boot" to remind her to hurry up. Well, that turned in to "scoot your boot to the toot toot toot". Then when I would say, "scoot your boot", she would chime in with “to the toot toot toot", to which I would reply “Hey! That’s my line". So now, we both say, in unison, "scoot your boot to the toot toot toot!  Hey! That's my line". So far, not that weird right?  Then we stared in with other things like "tink your wink to the stink stink stink, Hey! That's my line" or "hop your top to the bop bop bop! Hey!  That’s my line". You can see how this continues to get more bizarre until we are speaking our own dysfunctional language. And we like it that way.

not pictured: rabid sister fight over LMNOP

this photo represents me with my two piglets climbing on me 24/7

Let’s face it, when you have kids you need do things or the time between wake-up to nap to bedtime or time goes really slow. Angie and I chaperoned a double date:  Nori & Liam, Henny & Graham ...we made salt-dough handprints which I somehow under baked (old dough habits die hard). The little couples are looking forward to their arranged marriages in 2032 and 2035 respectively. In the future, we will celebrate Christmases at the McIntyre’s and Pat will cook the meal. Life solved. Side note: I always wanted to marry someone whose last name started with Mc. You know, so I could be Megan McSomething, but that never happened so the year before my wedding I unofficially officially changed my name to Megan McBicki.

her future MIL

maybe a beach wedding...
just doing some fashion moves
Henley's easy chair

quit being so pretty!

baby's 1st ballet "lesson"

listen to teacher

You have to WANT it!

post lesson reflection

Happy 11 Year Anniversary to my main husband!!!  17 years ago we had our first date at TCBY and now look at us...still eating frozen treats hand in hand.  May we die together in the nursing home of heart disease while complaining how our kids never visit us despite all we did for them. Thanks for choosing me, I love you!

I locked that down

the former Miss McBicki

On Saturday we took the kids to the Highland Park Pool on a family date to celebrate our anniversary. Nori was so brave-- she climbed the steps all the way up to the big slide only to be rejected because she was too short. She.was.mortified. Seriously, do not ever mention it.  I was so happy she even tried, but then she went on a rant about she is NOT a baby and did NOT want to play in the baby parts of the pool. I am hoping she will channel some of that energy into her swimming lessons. We followed the pool up with deep dish at The Italian Pie Shoppe. Today, we walked up to Paws on Grand to pamper Dorothy. File that under things I never thought I would do. You should have seen the look on Jake's face when I mad him dip her paws in paint so she could create doggie art.

Good morning, sunshine!

even Dorth is embarrassed

Petting Barney. No, we can not "trade" Dorothy for him.

park  playmates

I am running out of time so I will not even mention how I got the best curly haircut ever from Brentt at Moxie on Grand nor how he used chopsticks to style it. If only they had fresh spring rolls, too. Finally, Grandma Liz and Grandpa Steve bought a house in Saint Paul!!! It is super cute and located on Woodlawn, just one block from the river. Can't wait till they make the big move up here in a couple years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite the winning smile on Henley! She's getting so big! Nori is as beautiful as ever.

Love the new art above Hen's crib!

I have your spare key still, I realized. Owen and I could bring it by sometime if you like. :)

Nicole