August 19, 2012

we smell like tent


my hobbies

Dear Public Diary,

Remember when people used to write down their private thoughts and detailed accounts of their days in a tiny notebook with the words DO NOT READ!!! written on the front and then locked it in a mental box and stashed it under their bed so no one would ever, ever read it? Just imagine how much juicier those entries must have been compared to all the boring crap I blog about today. I miss the good stuff.

Due to the threat of West Nile virus and general laziness, urban camping is making a comeback which explains why we grilled and camped in the backyard this weekend. It was pretty rustic so Baby Foose & I slept in the house like civilized ladies, but Jake & Nori roughed it on the air mattress in the tent all night. Sure, there were the regular challenges of trying to find enough kindling to start the fire with twigs from our lawn but lucky for us we never rake, so we made it happen. We told scary stories about a witch with spiders in her mouth and kept an eye out for coyotes.  Aunt Ellen visited on her break between camps.... she just got done with summer camp and will soon move out to Washington to work as a  Maverick at Holden Village (I once wanted to go Girl  Scout camp and stay in a tree house, but I would have had to sell one million boxes for cookies.  I probably would have cried and insisted on coming home after an hour anyway).  We also had friends over for coffee, breakfast burritos and pastries. We finally met Ross & Yesika's new baby boy, Octavio, and got caught up on the details of Justin & Sandi's upcoming wedding in Willamette Valley.  Nori was OBSESSED with the baby, which made it hard for his mom to feed him and get him to sleep. Henny preferred to play the drums on his head.  Have I mentioned she is very musically inclined?

finally, a padded room

wilderness weirdos

they have the same eyes
ferocious wild animal

you can prevent forest fires

on the trail

goofball

sisters vs. wild

little girl on the prairie


Tumblebees 2012 from Megan Seltz on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Team Deitering said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am smiling from ear to ear and so proud of both girls! I love you all. Gramsie

Anonymous said...

These photos are fabulous! Love the video...made me laugh out loud!

Love, Anonymous Auntie Jill

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet girl...I Love Her !

Aunt Wendy

Anonymous said...


Oh I did not comment on the rest of the pictures at the same time... I was commenting after the video. You have such a Beautiful Family.. and you and Jake are Amazing parents. Keep posting. I Love You All.

Wendy