| just like on Gilligan's Island |
Why yes, I am wearing sweatpants. And you? Are you loving the cooler temps and cotton luxuriousness of fleece all over your bottom half? I am not really sure how it can possibly be Sunday already and how we can be expected to face another week. We had one of those way too busy weekends that leave you feeling depleted on Monday. By the way, I had an odd week at work... highlights include a drunk student and another student who wanted to meet at Muffaleta for lunch with his parents to create a "more relaxed environment"' and being filmed for an online commercial.
On Friday I totally suppermommed my ass off. Cleaned house, laundered lovies, bathed daughters,
grocery shopped with two kids ( this deserves its own paragraph, like how
pushing a cart with rusty wheels with two kids in/on it adds about 75 pounds of drag and I bagged my own groceries after standing in line for 20 minutes), worked
out, and got everyone ready for a party. We celebrated Jake's cousins Joe and
Dominic (brothers, not
twins) who both started U of M medical school this week with a BBQ at the
Decker home. The girls got to play “don't touch the scalding hot grill or fall
in the man-made pond" with their little cousins, Ava Joan and Isla, while we caught up with the family.
On Saturday we spent way too many hours in the car. First of all, let me say I loathe driving and/or riding in the car. Second of all, if we are going on a road trip we should at least end up somewhere cool, not just making laps around southern MN. We went to Fairmount to meet up with our birth father, Paul, at a park for our first visit in over a year. He moved back from Alaska and is living with brother doing some temp work for Dell. We had a nice visit and he brought both girls sweet gifts. Then we drove over to Austin to see Grandma Rosie's new condo and visit Grandpa Dick in the nursing home. It was hard to see Grandpa Dick so confused and Grandma so stressed out with all the changes, but I am glad Jake got to get there this weekend. We got stuck in construction traffic on the way back so we spent a grand total of 8 hours driving, but we never even got to see the Crazy Horse Monument! The girls were champs; the only fussing and moaning came from my birthing hips in the front seat.
Today we got caught up on household duties and attended neighbor friend Estelle's 5th birthday party. She had a bouncy house and a reptile show which is almost as cool as the time we had Gramsie do face painting on two kids. I made my first soup of the "fall"... it was lentil soup and no one was very excited about it, but it was yummy! Jake kept offering to make buffalo chicken sandwiches instead. I get lentils and legumes mixed up so originally I was making bean soup. Are lentils even beans? I think they are. My style of cooking is the pre-prepared-make-ahead-of-time kind... so if you want me to cook, it's going to be a soup or in a crockpot. But my crockpot sucks so it’s going to be a soup.
On Saturday we spent way too many hours in the car. First of all, let me say I loathe driving and/or riding in the car. Second of all, if we are going on a road trip we should at least end up somewhere cool, not just making laps around southern MN. We went to Fairmount to meet up with our birth father, Paul, at a park for our first visit in over a year. He moved back from Alaska and is living with brother doing some temp work for Dell. We had a nice visit and he brought both girls sweet gifts. Then we drove over to Austin to see Grandma Rosie's new condo and visit Grandpa Dick in the nursing home. It was hard to see Grandpa Dick so confused and Grandma so stressed out with all the changes, but I am glad Jake got to get there this weekend. We got stuck in construction traffic on the way back so we spent a grand total of 8 hours driving, but we never even got to see the Crazy Horse Monument! The girls were champs; the only fussing and moaning came from my birthing hips in the front seat.
Today we got caught up on household duties and attended neighbor friend Estelle's 5th birthday party. She had a bouncy house and a reptile show which is almost as cool as the time we had Gramsie do face painting on two kids. I made my first soup of the "fall"... it was lentil soup and no one was very excited about it, but it was yummy! Jake kept offering to make buffalo chicken sandwiches instead. I get lentils and legumes mixed up so originally I was making bean soup. Are lentils even beans? I think they are. My style of cooking is the pre-prepared-make-ahead-of-time kind... so if you want me to cook, it's going to be a soup or in a crockpot. But my crockpot sucks so it’s going to be a soup.
| Ginger |
| diaper cover still attached inside new dress, oops. |
| cousbos (found the diaper cover) |
| enjoying books on CD |
| vintage playground equipment |
| RoboHen: must never not stop moving |
| testing out the antiques at Great Grandma Rosie's |
| Moments later Grandma Rosie ate the entire apple core! true story! |
| Just an alligator, NBD |
| boa constrictor love |
| this girl loves to bounce! |
1 comment:
Megs...I Love your posts. I check every day for something new. You crack me up !!!
Love, Wendy
Post a Comment