June 24, 2012

staying alive

we hardly look exhausted at all

Is it Monday yet? Can't wait to sit at my computer all by myself  with a cup of coffee silently answering student emails and working on spreadsheets with no one biting my shoulder or tooting on my lap. Weekends are different now... days off are not what they used to be. The girls are particularly squirrelly this weekend needing to be entertained, fed, or cuddled constantly. My baby won't sit still and my big girl won't stop cutting "random shapes" of homemade confetti out of  miscellaneous papers around the house (you can never have enough confetti made out of Ikea magazines and Comcast bills).  I can't really recall all that we have done as it seems like we keep repeating the same patterns of eating, making big messes, and attempting to go for walks (which involve me carrying a 45 pound princess several blocks home). Jake has been trying to stain some woodwork outside and do other needed projects as I fail at being Super Nanny. At least they are cute and I totally love them.

What else? Nori was eating cheese and took a chomp out of her middle finger which was very traumatic for her. Two boxes of Band Aids later it is on its way to feeling better. Out of the blue she said, "I love Ben" and "I want to marry Ben". I did not encourage this idea rather I suggested she marry her dad instead.  She and I tell stories every night under the covers before bed but I have run out of ideas, so I now I just tell her movie plots with people we know as the main characters. So far she had heard the plots to Goonies, Ferris Bueller, Shawshank, Pretty in Pink, Star Wars, and Annie.  We will took an ill-fated trip to Target ... Henny has a new found phobia of shopping carts so we had to leave the store empty-handed. She is a total wiggle worm-- can't hold her long yet can't put her down anywhere without her wreaking major havoc. Restaurants and outdoors are very challenging. Her voracious appetite has scaled back but she is sure to get 20 servings of fruit a day.


Only two weeks until my husbo turns THIRTY-FIVE and we go to the lake for a week long family getaway. So much to pack, so little space...


Remember this? Look who is 3!

Rockin' birthday party for sweet little Anna!

peek a boo never gets olds

almost as good as playing  in the toilet...true story.

She prefers the manual method of hair restraint

must sleep under down comforter in winter PJ's no matter the temps

bonding with Daddy

Yellow Lab For Sale

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it Dorothy isn't getting enough attention?? This too, shall pass... It looks like you had a very busy weekend...again! It's hard to believe Anna is 3 already...before you know it, your babies will be all grown, so enjoy all the little "challenges" they hand you.

Love, Gramsie

Anonymous said...

I can remember when uncle char was a nite owl- put him to sleep and the dodgers were winning 10-0 against the Phillies on Monday nite baseball (10:30 MN time)then 2 hours late charlie got up and i didn't know what day it was- turned the remote on while I rocked him- the phillies came back to win 11-10. wow. that was a nite!!!!!! GS

jodilee0123 said...

Oh, come on...I know your sweet lab has been into the garbage countless times. AND the night she decides to give it a break, one of the girls will decide to do something cool...like dump it out or clog the toilet...

jodilee0123 said...

Oh, come on...I know your sweet lab has been into the garbage countless times. AND the night she decides to give it a break, one of the girls will decide to do something cool...like dump it out or clog the toilet...

Anonymous said...

Gosh - what to we do in summer when they can't run around outside and get out their energy? I'm gonna have to get REAL creative! Love the pics, as usual :)