June 18, 2012

Monday

Hello again!

The girls and I had a great week alone together while Jake was on a boondoggle in Chicago. I was afraid it would be a rough week on my own but they were both on their best, most adorable behavior. We enjoyed a frozen yogurt outing, T-ball with Uncle Casey, library visit, neighborhood walks, a trip to the Minnesota Zoo with Nicole & Baby Owen, "helping" Gramsie & Jill do wedding flowers, and breakfast with Papa Bill at Good Day Cafe. I even let Nori sleep with me in my bed where we snuggled "butt to butt". As she said best, "Momma can't sleep alone!". Hen is saying more words and pointing to new objects saying, "wha dat?" and she has learned to throw mini-tantrums and bite when she does not get her way. Ah, I have taught her well. We were thrilled when Jake got home on Saturday, the girls wanted to play with him and I needed to sleep (I can not sleep very well when he is gone, probably because I have to be Head Grown Up In Charge. But, the second he gets home I pass out). On Father's Day we just hung out at home, gave him his homemade video & card, a sweatshirt we got on clearance at Target and  then he cooked for us. Yeah, that's how we roll.

2 comments:

K and/or K said...

Did you get yogurt at that new place on Grand? Stopped in there after a haircut at Phresh last week...heaven!

Sabrina said...

I thought my kid was the only one year old who bit and threw tantrums! Now I feel a lot better!!!