June 10, 2012

beautiful day in the neighborhood (funky formatting)


sidewalk poetry












When I first moved to the Twin Cities after college I really felt the increased pace of the city. On the weekends all I wanted to do was sit in our apartment to recuperate in preparation for the next week. When we bought our first house on Carroll Ave,  we were intentional about moving closer to work and the bus line as we only had one car, our lovely blue Accord. With our second house we knew we wanted to stay in Saint Paul  but this time we made sure we were on a quieter street and in family neighborhood. Our house is within walking distance of coffee shops, grocery stores, parks, the library, and even Nori's preschool. Sure, there are a few things we dream of that never will be like a huge backyard or giant  closets.  We have contemplated moving to the burbs but we just can't do it as we always come back to why we are here in the first place. This summer we have been embracing our neighborhood by walking to the local festivals, chatting with neighbors, and biking along the river and lakes. Out tiny yard is slowly transforming into an adorable garden with new cottage fence which also keeps kids contained. Jake is even running for city council . Yesterday at our annual block party we got to celebrate our neighborhood and community with neighbor friends. 62 lbs of pulled pork, grilled corn, summer salads, and giant Rice Krispies bars for all, plus a moon bounce for the kids. We feel really lucky live here.

p.s. Blogger hates me so all the text and photos I tried to post have disappeared. In summary, Grandma & Grandpa took Nori to a Twin's game, Jake did man work outside using a circular saw, Nori and I told lots of  "secrets" and HC jammed to Young MC.






I might enter the contest next year to have my poetry stamped.

oh wait, I don't have any poetry

morning walk to school

Hen had to make sure Nori got there safe and sound

Lulu, Estelle and  Nori  Block Party 2012

teaching Grandma how to party Merriam Park style

count the fedoras

princess dress is proper bouncing attire

princess power

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I heart St. Paul!!! I miss living there.

Anonymous said...

The HEN needs some Dippity Doo!

Love,

Anonymous Aunt Jill