April 01, 2012

sleep deprivation nation

Little sister loves to stand

working on her core to avoid an SI injury

Wouldn't you just love it if you could literally sleep as long as you want, whenever you want? The Seltz girls must think that is overrated. They prefer to fight naps and wake at the crack of dawn every single day of their of lives, just for fun. When Jake left for work on Friday morning, he said, "I'll be praying for you". Days off are harder than work days. Yesterday, he won the coveted Best Husband Prize (a beer) when I was so exhausted and so crabby, he said "why don't you go take a nap? I'll take the kids the park". Best 30 minute power nap of my life, the sole reason I am still alive right now.

I am not the only crab in the house, Miss Preschool is also a little moody thanks to no naps. The good news is she loves school and is adjusting very well. It was shape week at "Show & Share" so she brought a hexagon shaped tile from the tile shop. "What the hexagon" was her opening line. She even went to the all-school Mass with The Girl in the Red Shirt ( her 7th Grade Buddy, the uniforms are red polos with plaid skirts for K-8). Nori is not eating much at lunch so this week I let her choose what I will pack and she asked for salami. Uh, okay. Overall, she loves school and I really think this will be good experience for her!

Hen is a standing fool. She is happiest on her feet, eating if possible. She likes to pull-up to standing and even took a few steps with her push toy. Her new favorite food is blackberries, but really she will eat anything and outeats her sister at most meals. She has as two new teeth popping and possibly her ear is bothering her (that might explain the bad sleeping habits. Aha! You just witnessed me putting the pieces together).

Other weekend highlights include Bodypump followed by lunch with Missy & Makenna, receiving a closet worth of hand-me-down work clothes from my Aunt Jill, eating not one but two Zone Bars before paying for them while grocery shopping at Target (they went with my latte), Taste of Thailand, Pancake Breakfast at Nori's at St. Mark's, playing Candyland, and having Aunt Ellen over for a supper. And possibly going back to work to tomorrow.


we met the Easter Bunny, some of us were cooler about it than others

This baby can put it away. PANCAKES!

Playing Pin the Tail on the Bunny with the Girls Scouts


Last week with Nanny Nicole. We are going to miss her!

The only child who sleeps

1 comment:

Team Deitering said...

I was thinking about calling you this week because I thought you had fixed Henley's sleeping awhile back and wanted tips. When you're up, give us a call! We are probably up too (sigh)! Hang in there!