April 25, 2012

back on ice

My scientific research confirms that yesterday was officially the most popular birthday on the planet! Happy birthday to my dad, Bill, who is 60 years old! Also, my niece Mekensie, Nori's  "Charming" Liam, little girl Sophia, Chef Rachel , Adviser Ellen, and Pastor Luke, none of whom read this blog. It's the thought that counts. I took the morning off to celebrate with my Dad and Henny with a picnic at the zoo, but somehow we ended up at The Olive Garden on 394 instead. Don't judge, we made memories one breadstick at a time.

At breakfast Nori was eating a bowl of Cheerios so I told her that when I was little girl  I ate Cheerios every morning for breakfast. I left out the fact that I also had seven Flinstone vitamins washed down with a quart of chocolate milk (it's okay Mom,  "they didn't know about nutrition" in the 80's). Anyway, Nori gave me that look like, "You were a kid? That's impossible".

I am sure you are sick of hearing about about my back &  hips, but so am I so we are even.  I am 3 weeks into a flare-up brought on by doing my prescribed exercises with a resistance band. I have moments of feeling so hopeless that it will never get better (I felt the same way about my foot pain and it is just fine now so I will try to stay positive, like a throat culture).  I am going to start some private Pilates sessions on the reformer to keep working on my core strength. I just want to be pain-free, stop taking so much Advil, be active, pose for a swimsuit calendar, invent a cure for Lyme's disease (wait...) and someday (not now) try to have another baby. All of which seem impossible when laying on my ice pack. Boo hoo me! I am hoping to reverse jinx myself by talking about this.

DSC_0016 
science lesson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This too, shall pass, my dear.
I love you.
Mom

Sabrina said...

Insert sad face. Sorry you are still having pains. I hope it gets better down the road.

Sarah Naranjo said...

Well, I'm reading this almost a month late... sorry dear about your pain. Hoping and will pray it's gone already...or SOON!