January 31, 2011

not so good

Why am I having the longest pregnancy ever? Feels that way, especially with a horrific oxygen-depleting sinus cold and now lower back pain! Recently we had supper with our friend Yesika when we had a major lost in translation moment. I asked her how long the typical maternity leave is in Peru and she answered "nine months". Imagine how dumb she must have thought I was asking how long pregnancy is in Peru.

While gasping for breath, I have also been watching my new favorite show, My Fair Wedding. Turns out we have it On Demand so I can catch up on planning for my next wedding (I really couldn't do better than Jake but you already know that). Have you seen it? David Tutera makes me want to have a gay son. My mom is searching for the perfect dress for my brother's wedding in August (it's on Jaimie's farm). If you have any great ideas, let her know. Jake, Nori, and myself are IN the wedding so we are really excited! Honey will have to nurse off the cows while we are busy.

Off to try not to die...

3 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

OH Megan! I hope you feel better ASAP! You can't even drug yourself up. Get better before your vacation! Although, I'm sure you would rather stay here in sunny white MN. Tunnel vision. Tell Jake he needs to do the shoveling so your back can heal. Let me know if you need anything!

Melissa Ho said...

Pregnancy colds are the worst! I hope this passes quickly so you can come hang out with us! It's been too long and we have 2 birthday's we need to celebrate. Take care of yourself.

Team Deitering said...

I just got over my pregnancy cold...I couldn't breathe. I tried to get the doctor to give me drugs but that was defeated. Have you heard of a Netti Pot - that helped and can be bought over the counter. My doctor suggested it. Good luck! Hope you start feeling better with the back pain too!