I'm a bit behind on my SoS updates, but I have a good excuse...I am lazy. We have been really busy doing lots of fun things like going to the Children's Museum, taking down our Christmas tree, testing out our new mop, visiting friends in town from Seattle, down-dogging in prenatal yoga classes, planning our birth family visit this weekend when we will go bowling, preparing for Nori's 3rd birthday party with a snowflake theme the following weekend, and switching midwives due to an insurance gaffe on my part. But I still love you, you know.
On the baby front, it is also growing out the back. Why do I have back fat? This is more than I expected! Yesterday we went to the new clinic, University Specialists in Women's Health, where we heard the heartbeat again and marveled at my awesomely rotund fundus. Next week we tour Fairview Riverside where I will give birth and Nori gets to come along so she can see where Baby Honey will enter the world. I would be lying if I said I haven't aways really wanted to wear one of those faded hospital gowns. Maybe it was nine month of watching my mom wear them, but I really do think they are kinda cute in that "tend to me, I'm very a special patient" kind of way. We are trying to choose a birthing class although we have heard some of the ones at the hospitals are a waste of time, yet not sure we want to take an expensive 12 week all natural childbirth class either. I have no idea how badly it is going to hurt, just I want to keep all my options open. I told Jake I was worried I might be too embarrassed to give birth in front of him (you know, all the moaning, breathing, and awkward squatting you are supposed to do) so now he is on mission to learn more about it so he can help me so I won't feel silly. Oh!! I think I have felt movement the past 4-5 days! It's not the fluttery, bubbles people describe, it is definite poke/kick feeling. Really cool!
Nori is having a tough adjustment going back to Tammy's after 3 weeks at home so we are working on giving her extra love and talking about her great friends at daycare who she should never "ROAR" at, even if they take her blue teddy bear. She misses staying home everyday and tries to talk me into "not helping the students today" so we can "stay in our pajamas and snuggle". Heartbreaking! I love that girl, she gets better every day.
p.s. our toilet is NOT frozen!
3 comments:
Happy New Year!
My peanut starting kicking right at 20 weeks. And it isn't a flutter they are kicks!
I hope you like your new Midwife...that must stink to switch.
We are trying to decide on birthing classes. Where to start? UGH.
At least you have a good excuse to have back fat. I have none, other than pure laziness and poor eating habits. And three kids. . . who keep me so busy all I have time to eat are OREO cookies! hahahahahaha!
I had Dr. Preston Williams at Univ. Specialists for Wombs! He was like a brilliant grandpa who looked at vaginas. Also, both Toe and Roo were born at Riverside, and it was great except for rooms the size of veal pens. Excited for you!
Post a Comment