You know what they say, "If at first you don't succeed try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again!". After 4+ years of infertility, guess who is finally knocked up? I know exactly what you are thinking:
"Oh no, your perky sport boobs!"
"Gross, TMI!"
"I really admire your patience and positive attitude in the face of adversity and disappointment"
"How in the HELL???"
I am no math wiz, but I think our odds of actually conceiving with our pathetic history were calculated at less than 1% so you can imagine our SHOCK when the pregnancy test (which expired two years ago) was positive!!! Now, you may have already the heard the news if you are friends with my mother on Facebook, have run into her at Midtown Foods, have recently seen me toting my puke bucket and Ritz crackers around, or are a PT patient of Steve's. Otherwise, SURPRISE!!!
Truth is, we didn't do it alone (well yes, we did IT alone). Prior to starting another adoption next spring, we figured would try some alternative therapies before plunking down the hefty adoption fees (so worth it, but still very expensive). We had heard that some couples with unexplained infertility benefit from acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Because we love egg rolls and because my health insurance covered acupuncture, I made appointments for both Jake & I. Operation Balls of Glory was born! We never actually thought it would work, in fact I was 75% done with our new adoption website. Less than two months of needles and funky ball-shaped herb pills later, it worked!!!
"Gross, TMI!"
"I really admire your patience and positive attitude in the face of adversity and disappointment"
"How in the HELL???"
I am no math wiz, but I think our odds of actually conceiving with our pathetic history were calculated at less than 1% so you can imagine our SHOCK when the pregnancy test (which expired two years ago) was positive!!! Now, you may have already the heard the news if you are friends with my mother on Facebook, have run into her at Midtown Foods, have recently seen me toting my puke bucket and Ritz crackers around, or are a PT patient of Steve's. Otherwise, SURPRISE!!!
Truth is, we didn't do it alone (well yes, we did IT alone). Prior to starting another adoption next spring, we figured would try some alternative therapies before plunking down the hefty adoption fees (so worth it, but still very expensive). We had heard that some couples with unexplained infertility benefit from acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Because we love egg rolls and because my health insurance covered acupuncture, I made appointments for both Jake & I. Operation Balls of Glory was born! We never actually thought it would work, in fact I was 75% done with our new adoption website. Less than two months of needles and funky ball-shaped herb pills later, it worked!!!
I am officially 13 weeks (due end of May) and feel like total crap most of the time, very nauseated and exhausted everyday, but grateful for the experience. We saw the baby on an ultrasound at 7 weeks and heard the heartbeat at 11 weeks... so far, so good! We are grateful for our infertility journey because it brought us Norelle, who we could not live without!! It taught us how much we longed to be parents which helps us appreciate every single day. It is also a reminder that life is not fair and good people face hardships of every kind. All wonderful lessons, you know, like once they are over.
In true SoS fashion, I would be remiss if I did not mention all of the celebs who are also due around the same time: P!nk, Mariah Carey, Real Housewife of Atlanta Kim Zolciak, Anna Duggar, Rachael Zoe, and local non-celeb pals Jana, Angie Mc, and Sabrina S-T. Keep us all in your prayers!
10 comments:
Woo Hoo! So happy for your whole family! So, those Chinese people really do know what they're doing! At times I wonder. So, does this mean in case of an ooops, you don't want the kid? I will be waiting and ready to deliver this baby whenever you call!
I love you sooo much. You and those other people who live at your house.I suppose I have a little more room in my heart for another little grubber.
I am so glad I don't have to keep this a secret anymore.I DO know how.
Love You
Aunt Wendy
Megan!!! Congrats!!! Your blog makes me cry and laugh in happiness for you guys. What a lucky little baby. Can't wait to rub the belly!! Lots of Love, Erin
I am SUCH a good guesser! :0)
YAY!!! I mean I already knew this, but I am truly in tears reading this post. I am so so so excited for you guys!!!! This is just so amazing!
I hope you feel better soon. I'm just starting to feel a little better at 16 weeks.
Go Babies!
I fancy myself to be fairly perceptive, but I did NOT see that coming. Wow!!! Congrats! So happy for you three!
Old roomie Angela
Holy balls! I will never read another one of those "boycott Chinese imports" books again! I am so happy for you (except for the puking)! A summer baby too, so you can slick up your big old round belly with Hawaiian Tropic at the pool and turn all the dudes on.
Oh my gosh Megan! I am so excited for you guys!! Congrats!! Love, Katie
OHH MYY GODD. congratulations! what wonderful news! and what an amazing feat to keep it concealed for the past several weeks. i could NEVER do that. :-)
looking forward to more baby news as the months progress!
Congrats again! So happy for your surprise heartbeat!
Post a Comment