Our tree is up thanks to Grandpa Steve for cutting it down by hand and delivering it to our door! We are all festive around here with John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD playing and Jake making chai tea lattes. Can't wait to start the Advent calendar and open a tiny door everyday in a countdown. Nori thinks they are "fairy" doors, just the like the tiny fireplace decor we have is a fairy altar where she can offer up all of the ornaments she swipes off the tree (not the Santa ornaments she sleeps with of course, but the other ones). We are enjoying turkey sandwiches thanks to all the leftovers and the great cooking by Gramsie Holly. Just because we had Thanksgiving here does not mean I cooked, my mom did most of the dirty work and everyone one else pitched in with pies, rolls, and cranberries!
It's exciting that tomorrow I will be in my second trimester and am having a healthy pregnancy. There's a sentence I never thought I would type! We have told just about everyone so it's neat to have so much support and prayers behind us. Even our silly pastor Danny called Jake a "stud" and beat his chest like a wild animal when we walked into church. Just like they would do at Gloria Dei...
Please keep our friend little Madeline in your prayers this week as she undergoes open heart surgery to repair a hole in heart before her family moves to Peru in March!

3 comments:
Beautiful Tree! I finally watched the first season of Hoarders. It made me get up off the couch and finally clean the bathroom.
It's sad and inspritational at the same time.
Congrats on reaching 2nd Trimester! WHOO HOOO
Lovely! Nori is such a little girl now...her legs are growing! LOVE her fairy thoughts...i always loved fairies/fairy tales when I was little. In the meantime, your Mom was out playing ball, building forts and protecting me from the neighborhood bullies...Glad you are feeling better!!!
Love, Anonymous Aunt Jill
Thanks for posting asking for prayers for Madeline :) She's doing SOOO well, now!
Post a Comment