May 02, 2010

May is here...

Someone's mom learned to french braid on YouTube

Miss me? Yeah, me neither. Did you get outside this weekend? Maybe take a 20 miler on your bike and then have a romantic picnic under a waterfall only to discover you forgot the brie? I feel rested and rejuvenated, almost ready for another week.

On Friday, I presented at a conference while Nori hung out with Liam and Angie. Afterwards, we has an impromptu picnic catered by Whole Foods. Ang & I got to catch up on life and ponder its meaning while the kids played on a grate over a 20 foot hole. That night we had our Bloom Lifegroup BBQ so all five couples and 5 little girls gathered for yummy food, faux-Pictionary and ice cream at Rydbecks. On Saturday, we exercised and commenced with Family Day by just doing stuff around the house and being together. Ahhh, Family Day is soon to be mandatory most weekends. This morning we went to church, napped, and then went to Ann & Chris's baby shower at Susie's house in Golden Valley ( hmm, Golden Valley is a nice suburb...). Can't wait to meet Baby Shaw in June!

The beer is Ann's

That's how they got into this predicament...

Nova loves balloons!

Exhausted from the party

My peeps
p.s.
On a side note, sometimes I get Mother Teresa and Jane Goodall confused. I mean, I know they did really different things but if you ask me to picture Mother Theresa in my head, I just see Jane Goodall.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

I live next door to Golden Valley. It's lovely.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Jane Goodall looks like. To even things out, I will picture her like Mother Theresa.

Non-sil Elle

Susie said...

Great to see you and the family Megs! I miss you guys! Golden Valley= Free babysitting! :)

Angie Mac said...

It was a picturesque hole, though.

SIL Ellen said...

To counter Susie, St. Paul also = free babysitting from now on...

bluecollardaughter said...

Hey, I'm in St. Paul...where do I get that free babysitting?